The Latest

isaac mizrahi: you can't grope breasts!

Okay so Isaac Mizrahi, the flaming fashion designer and talk show host, is in hot water again! I am going to break down exactly what he did on the red carpet and offer my opinion about the appropriateness of his actions.

Unacceptable:
Isaac groped Scarlett Johanson and Teri Hatcher on the breasts. ATTENTION GAY MEN: YOU DON'T GET TO TOUCH & OBJECTIFY WOMEN'S BREASTS! Just because you are not sexually attracted to a women's breasts, does not mean you can grab them. It is never appropriate to grab someone else's body parts without their permission, especially when it is a male grabbing a female. Sexism still exists in this society folks!

Questionable:
Okay so we all know that Isaac is outrageous. So when he asked Eva Longoria about the way she trims her pube's, I think she could have just responded with humor. I do not see what is so offensive about that one. The questionable part of course comes back to the sexism issue, but I think this one fits into the category of outrageous banter. Personally, I would love to tell Isaac how I trim my pubes.

Whatever! Once again GLAAD proves itself to be a useless organization headed by a... drumroll please... gay Republican.
GLAAD filed a complaint after Isaac called Charlize Theron's character in Monster a "scary dyke with bad teeth." I fail to see how that is homophobic or inaccurate. She definitely was a scary dyke with bad teeth. If GLAAD is trying to say that it is unacceptable for Isaac to say dyke, they are treading in muddy water. The term dyke has transformed amongst the queer community to be an acceptable word when used appropriately and not to offend - by other queer people. Perhaps GLAAD is afraid that mainstream America will see him using that word and in turn think they too can start throwing it around, but come on. Isaac is a big f-a-g, and yes I can say that.

No comments: