The Latest

Beijing pledges 'a fight to the death' with Dalai Lama

Several years ago I went to the Fleet Center to witness a speech by the Dalai Lama, and it was life changing. His words of compassion, religious tolerance, and scientific truth are something I will never forget. It pains me to read articles like this. I hate watching our government do and say nothing about the situation in Tibet.
"Ethnic Tibetan officials in Lhasa as well as in surrounding rural counties have been required to write criticisms of the Dalai Lama. Senior civil servants must produce 10,000-word essays while those in junior posts need only write 5,000-character condemnations. Even retired officials are not exempt." continue

1 comment:

susan said...

Hey, I was at the Fleet Center with my son to see his Holiness speak too. He has such a elegant calm demeanor, but he also shows his playful side too. He seems so curious about everything. I love how he embraces technology and spirituality. It was a great evening.

There is a very interesting series on NPR about the Tibetian exile community in Dharamsala, India. They use technology to get their message out to the world and to help preserve their culture. Good stuff.