The Latest

Victory! Deval Event Moved!

Boston Bud said...

"I just got a call from the person handling the event and the Tremont Temple is no longer the place for the January 4th event. The staff member thanked me and said a number of people called and they were not aware of the Temple's past homophobic events.


Thanks for posting this!"




"An event for hundreds of high school students from around the state is being planned on Jan. 4 at Tremont Temple in Boston." -Boston Globe



Please urge the Patrick Team to not relocate any events at the Tremont Temple - the home of Liberty Sunday and Love Won Out. While the history of this church is admirable, their current leadership supports the most horrific right-wing groups in the country including James Dobson's Focus on the Family, and Exodus International who send gay teens to dangerous conversion camps. Tremont Temple is considered one of the most hostile places in MA for the LGBT community. It has been the hotbed of homophobic political action in the past two years.










Call The Patrick Team and urge them to move the event: Victory!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just got off the phone with someone there. He directed me to send an e-mail. I asked him if they were logging calls and got no answer from him. Apparently people are calling and he sounded like he was sick of it. So keep on calling.

Whit

Boston Bud said...

I am quite surprised at this. I also called and got the number and email address of the person running the youth event.

Boston Bud said...

I just got a call from the person handling the event and the Tremont Temple is no longer the place for the January 4th event. The staff member thanked me and said a number of people called and they were not aware of the Temple's past homophobic events.

Thanks for posting this!

Anonymous said...

Very quick response to this problem. Obviously an honest mistake on their part.

Whit

Mark D. Snyder said...

I agree.
Thanks Patrick Team!
Also, this is great news that Tremont Temple will not receive any rent money for the space if it were going to be paid for.

Anonymous said...

I appreciated that action alert and I did call as soon as I received your email.

The nefarious AFA has a good system that sends out alerts to all the bigots plus I am sure other folks like me who use their alerts to send pro gay emails.

Maybe we need a system that sends out alerts to all the Boston gay organizations whenever we need a mass email attack. We could send alerts to everything from the Gay chamber of commerce to the gay bowling league to the pink pistols gay gun club. With 200,000 gay residents it seems we should be able to swamp their pathetic rallies if we can just get the word to our troops rapidly......

Mark D. Snyder said...

I agree, we are working hard to make our mailing list big - help us recruit! Unfortunately sending an email to all the organizations doesn't always help because they have their own agendas that differ from ours. The larger more mainstream groups would consider action alerts such as this one to be too petty, or to jeopordize their political efforts. We need to build that mailing list and create the demand.