The Boston Pride Theme:
"Ask. Tell.Proud to Serve Our Community, Our Country, Our World.
The LGBT community is an integral part of society at every level of organization: community, country, and the world. We are your doctors, lawyers, teachers, leaders, engineers, custodians, bankers, and bakers. We our proud of our service and we are happy to share our lives with you. Just ask, and we'll tell! Please consider this theme when building your float and organizing your parade contingent -- an award will be given to the group that adapts this theme best in the parade! "
Here are just a few better (I think) theme ideas:
- Support Our Youth: Celebrating and supporting our LGBT Youth!
- Beyond Bianary: Celebrate your unique gender expression and identity!
- Health Care For All!
- Proud To Resist: No More War, Oppression, Racism, & Sexism!
Plan of Action:
1. Contact the Pride Committee and let them know how you feel about the theme
2. Write a letter to the editor of BayWindows, InnewsWeekly, & EdgeBoston
3. Post your comments and thoughts on this blog and other blogs
Contact the Boston Pride Committee today, and we will keep you informed about our future actions to encourage the committee to change the theme. http://www.bostonpride.org/