The Latest

The Gays & The Looting *updated

First, I want to send of our thoughts, prayers, and positive energy to the victims of the storm. I can't imagine having to live in the superdome just to be shuttled to another arena miles away. Thousands of people are now without homes...without anything. If I could host a family stay at my house I would.

It is appalling that during such devastation some bigoted preachers are able to spew homophobia from their mouths. But they are:

(New Orleans, Louisiana) An evangelical Christian group that regularly demonstrates at LGBT events is blaming gays for hurricane Katrina.

Another thing I find ridiculous is all of the uproar over the looting going on in New Orleans. If I had nothing left and the stores were basically destroyed, you'd better believe I would be breaking into the RiteAid for medical supplies and food. Hell, I might pick up a new stereo while I'm at it. Those big corporations have plenty of insurance, and most of their merchandise is destroyed anyway.

I read that the Mayor had diverted the attention of the police force to stopping the looting instead of rescuing people. Now, isn't saving people's lives more important that preventing people from stealing stereos? I hope he ordered them to stop violence instead of arrest people who are stealing to survive.

Also, who is allowing this to happen? Sick. Total lack of leadership.

If the troops weren't fighting a senseless war maybe they could be saving the lives of storm victims.

Here is an excellent article !

It was a "perfect storm" of a different kind that put that great city underwater: Bush-era neglect of our national infrastructure, combined with runaway global warming and a deep contempt for poor African-Americans. - Van Jones

1 comment:

Mark D. Snyder said...

Here is a clear example of the biased media. They show a photo of black people "looting" food while in another article the white people are said to be "finding" food.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/van-jones/black-people-loot-food-_b_6614.html