The Latest

Chelsea High Grad Faces Deportation: CALL NOW!

Action Alert: Congressional Call-in Day, Jun. 15 for Mario Rodas, Chelsea High graduate facing deportation

Mario Rodas was born in Guatemala but moved to Chelsea, MA with his parents when he was twelve years old. There he became an honor student, graduating last year from Chelsea High at the top of his class. Although he had no criminal record, Mario was detained by immigration and is currently facing deportation.

In Mario's own words, "I did not make the choice to come to this country; however, over time this country has become my home. My time in the U.S. has consisted of nothing but hard work and positive service to the community and all I want is for that to continue. I see this country as my home, and I have always striven to do the right thing. This is where I want my dreams of education to come true. I know that I have a lot to offer this country if I am only given the chance to do so."

Mario's hearing at immigration court is on June 27th. We need to gather as much support as possible before then.

Call In Day Thursday June 15th
Ask Senators Kerry and Kennedy and Congressman Capuano to help Mario

Senator Kennedy (617) 565-3170 senator@kennedy.senate.gov
Senator Kerry (617) 565-8519 john_kerry@kerry.senate.gov
Rep. Capuano (617) 621-6208 http://www.house.gov/capuano/contact/email.shtm

Sample script:
"I'm calling on behalf of Mario Rodas, a great student and important member of the Chelsea community. As a constituent, I'm asking Congressman/Senator ________ to do everything in his power to stop Mario's deportation and to KEEP MARIO HOME. Please:
Introduce a private bill for Mario
Contact the Department of Homeland Security, and/or
Make a speech on the Senate/House Floor about Mario's case

Save the Date:
Attend the support rally for Mario on June 26th at noon at Government Center

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting this. It's a great expression of solidarity and support for someone who has shown his commitment ot the larger community. I hope that everyone will write and call.